[imp] imp questions (usability issues)

nlin@newton.berkeley.edu nlin@newton.berkeley.edu
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:20:17 -0700

> Now, I tried setting delete mail to actually move to Trash. This works
> for  mail delete by clicking delete, but doesn't work for filtered mail.
> So, I end up with the same problem. I thought about setting up "Hide
> Deleted".  However, it's not clear to me that those messages will EVER
> get purged. After a month, I could end up with 1000 deleted imp messages
> hiding in my Inbox.

I haven't run into this problem.  But I have it w/ moving mail.  If I
click on the "filter" icon in the inbox, all my messages get moved to the
Trash folder fine.  I have the move deleted mail to Trash setting turned
on.  But even w/ that turned on, moved mail messages won't get moved to
the Trash folder until I delete some other message.

> - When I click on Options->Filters->Edit my Filters, I get to a screen
> with  no visible way back except the toolbar on top. All the other > > >
Options screens have a "Return to Options" button.

This is the case also w/ Editing Identities.

nancy