[imp] imp questions (usability issues)

Max Kalika max@lsit.ucsb.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:15:57 -0700

Quoting Jeff Tucker <jefft@wciatl.com>:

> For some reason, Courier is letting me search for imp without quotes but
> not [imp]. However, I think the real problem is that c-client/imp should be
> quoting all strings. Unless I've just got this totally screwed up.

That is really strange.  IMP does indeed quote strings:

     if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['search_subject']))
         $query .= ' SUBJECT "' . Horde::getFormData('search_subject') . '"';

So unless they are being stripped off somewhere (???), it might be a problem
with the server itself.  Can you try a different client? (netscrape, or oe or
mulberry).

--
---max kalika
--max@lsit.ucsb.edu