[imp] imp questions (usability issues)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:14:04 -0400

Quoting Max Kalika <max@lsit.ucsb.edu>:

> 1) add support for rule names.  this would allow listing filters by their name
> instead of function because if we start adding more than one criteria/action
> per rule, the listing can get rather ugly.  this would also allow us to do a
> sensible drop-down field for applying specific rules instead of them all.

Sounds good.

> 2) maybe add date fields to filter on and have some standard date actions such
> as "message is older than 1/5/10/30 days old" or somesuch. (no specific details
> yet).

Also sounds good.

> 3) add setting flags on messages as a rule action.

Yup.

> 4) allow for adding more than one criteria/action per rule. e.g. copy message
> to folder a, and copy message to folder b, and mark message important.

Hmm. Would want this to be utterly clear, but can see it being useful.

> 5) hopefully get and/or rules to work (this is a goal for the search page as
> well).

Go Max, go! ;)

> 6) set a trigger on a rule: 'manual', or 'on arrival'.

With an option to run any filter manually, I'd imagine? So it'd be "on arrival"
or "not automatic" ... yeah.

> 7) move the actual rule running code into its own class and fix some of the
> outstanding bugs (primarily not using Horde::getFormData() for input
> retreival).

=)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in