UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR and @UNKNOWN

Steeman Philip philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:13:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
can anybody help me, or perhaps my info can help you.

I use PHP4-CVS and horde 2.1.6 and imp 2.2.6

1) problem with UNEXPECTED_...

   when I send a message to
     - philip.steeman@kh.khbe.be    -> no problem
     - philip.steeman <philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be>    -> UNEXPECTED error

   I looked in the files and in horde.lib in the function "mailfrom".
   The rcpt-parameter contains:
   philip.steeman\0<philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be>
                 ^^^^(a real char(0))
   When I make a dirty fix:
      $rcpt = strtr($rcpt, "\0", " ");
   The UNEXPECTED error disappears !!!

2) problem with @UNKNOWN

   When I send a mail, my saved mail in the folder sent-mail shows
   @UNKNOWN and UNEXPECTED error.
   But when I look in the file sent-mail (with a editor), I again see the
   line:
      philip.steeman\0<philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be>
                 ^^^^(a real char(0))

   I think I can also solve this problem with that dirty fix, but I don't
   find the place to do it.

I did not have this errors with PHP3, but when I changed to PHP4-CVS, I
have this problem (same horde+php).

Can anybody help me?

Philip

PS: I just started with IMP2.3, and I like it, but I have to test it
first, before my users can use it instead of IMP2.2

Philip Steeman                    tel: (+32)59 56 90 16
Zeedijk 101                       fax: (+32)59 56 90 01
8400 Oostende                     E-mail: philip.steeman@kh.khbo.be
Belgium