Long "To:" list strangifying From: header

Joseph Formoso jformoso@stevens-tech.edu
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:36:40 -0400

All,

	The preamble:

IMP 2.2.7-cvs
Horde 1.2.7-cvs
Apache 1.3.19
Linux Mandrake 7.0

	And now, the, um, amble:

	We've been using IMP 2.2.x for quite awhile here, which much
joy.  A user recently came down to the help desk with a strange problem;
when she sends e-mail from IMP that has a long (something on the order
of 100) addresses in the To: line, the mail arrives with a strangely
modified From: and Reply-To: header; it has her proper e-mail address,
but lists her full name as "Nobody".  I've checked the imp_prefs table
to make sure that she didn't set her full name to that there, and she
hasn't (unless it *was* set that way and she just set it back this
morning).  This doesn't happen when she sends to a smaller list (say,
one person).

	Any idea what might cause this?  Anywhere I should start looking
to see if I can bughunt?

	Thankee kindly, all.

					--Joe

-----
Joe Formoso (jformoso@stevens-tech.edu),
  Senior Systems Administrator, IT Department, Stevens Institute of Technology