[imp] Javascript issues

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:53:12 -0500

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:02:31PM +0100, Raoul Emin wrote:

> Would it be possible to have some versionning checking in the config files?

There already is: in the $Horde:$ RCS tag.

> In almost every new cvs version they are a few modification in
> the config files variables / format. Presently every time I
> upload a new vesion from cvs I rebuild all the config files
> from the .dist ones in order to be sure they are compliant with
> the imp version I am using. Would it be possible to have a
> variable appended at the begining of all those config files
> containing the version of the file just the same way wap-mail
> does it:

Because this is the HEAD cvs tree, file formats are expected to
change often.  I don't think the extra overhead (administrative
and programmatic) involved in performing version comparisons is
really worth it in the long run, especially when we start
releasing stable versions where the site administrator probably
won't be upgrading their configuration files very often.

In the long run, though, I think it would be useful to have
something akin to FreeBSD's mergemaster script that reports the
differences between the current and .dist versions of your
configuration files and offers to merge the changes for you.

> Some proxies manipulate the Javascript content of the pages
> (for any crazy security reason I assume). This manipulation
> results sometimes in buggy javascript code. As a consequence if
> one intends to use the reply, compose, etc buttons the debug
> dialog box shows up. I was consequently wondering wether it
> could be possible to desactivate the
> code and use instead the normal
> Since ther is some code somewhere that detects if the browser
> support JS and formats the links accordingly, I believe it
> could be possible to force imp not to use those onclick events.

You can disable the "Compose in a new window" preference.  That
will generate "normal" links instead of the JavaScript links.

The name of the preference is 'compose_popup'.  See it to 0 and
lock it in imp/config/prefs.php.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)