[imp] Javascript issues

Raoul Emin support.lists@softattitude.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:02:31 +0100

Surlignage Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

>Quoting Raoul Emin <support.lists@softattitude.com>:
>
>> Is it possible to disable the javascript handling?
>> I am experiencing a problem with a firewall filtering feature that =
adds some
>> garbage on the pages javascript sections hence blocking all the =
buttons that
>> rely on JS to navigate from one page to another.
>
>I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Also, what version are =
you
>talking about?
>
>-chuck

Sorry chuck,

This mail on JS problems was part of a serie that was not all transmited to the mailing list. Here are my questions grouped all together. The JS explanation is at the end of the page.

Platform
======

Horde Versions
  Horde: 1.3.5-cvs
  IMP: 2.3.7-cvs
  Turba: 0.0.3-cvs
  Gollem: 0.0.1-cvs
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
  PHP Version: 4.0.6
  PHP Major Version: 4.0
  PHP Minor Version: 6
  PHP Version Classification: release
  This version of PHP is supported but the PEAR library that comes with this
version is not recent enough. See http://horde.org/pear/ for details.
Horde requires at least PHP 4.0.5 and PEAR 4.0.7.

Config / pref file versionning
===================

Would it be possible to have some versionning checking in the config files?

In almost every new cvs version they are a few modification in the config files variables / format. Presently every time I upload a new vesion from cvs I rebuild all the config files from the .dist ones in order to be sure they are compliant with the imp version I am using. Would it be possible to have a variable appended at the begining of all those config files containing the version of the file just the same way wap-mail does it:

// Application Config File
// define("VERSION", "1.30"); // Do Not Alter this

The php scripts could then compare the version of the pref files and tell the uer they are outdated, just the same way there is a warning when pref.php or html.php are missing.

Raoul Emin

How to disable attachement viewer(s)
========================

Due to the slow php platform I am using  (IIS + WinNT) and considering =
the performance cost of previewing word, zip or whatever non text files, =
I would like to desactivate all attachement viewers except the html one.

I have tried to remove the entries in mime_drivers.php (both in horde =
config and imp config) with no hope.

Any hint?

JS issue
======

Some proxies manipulate the Javascript content of the pages (for any crazy security reason I assume). This manipulation results sometimes in buggy javascript code. As a consequence if one intends to use the reply, compose, etc buttons the debug dialog box shows up. I was consequently wondering wether it could be possible to desactivate the
code and use instead the normal
Since ther is some code somewhere that detects if the browser support JS and formats the links accordingly, I believe it could be possible to force imp not to use those onclick events.

If my explanation is not clear enough I can get you one of those pages delivered by the the proxy so that you can figure it by yourself. Just give me some time to get the sample (I only saw it in two networks that were relying on the squi??? proxy).

Some other advantages of "real links" versus javascript opening pages are :
- You get the hourglass not only on the toolbar of IE but also on the full page
- You can right-click on the link and select open in new window.

Credits
====

Thank you for the better date handling in the inbox list and the message page, with this new version I do not experience anymore the error on mime encoded dates (such as 01/01/2001 19:00 (Paris Madrid Heure D'été)) works fine now.

Raoul Emin