more on IMP/Horde helper apps (xlhtml)

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:37:36 -0500

hey guys -

more helper app problems.  now that i'm calling them from the right place, they
seem to be more inclined to work (or at least, get invoked).  they're also
happier if your mailer sets an appropriate mime type (which pine doesn't seem
to).  I'm currently playing with the xlhtml app, and if it gets called from IMP,
the output is way garbled.  I sent myself an attachement of the the xlhtml test
excel file
located here:

   http://www.xlhtml.org/test.xls

here are the results when xlhtml is run from the command line, and redirected to
a file:

   http://www-personal.umich.edu/~liamr/trans/xl-test.html

here are the results when xlhtml is called from horde/config/mime_drivers.php:

   http://www-personal.umich.edu/~liamr/trans/xl-test-imp.html

both versions are being generated by the same xlhtml binary. the source code of
the garbled version is kind of interesting - most of the problems seem to be
from FONT tags that are unclosed.. often FONT FACE tags that have garbage in
them instead of valide information (well... not garbage.. I think it's putting
the contents of the excel cell in the FONT FACE=" declaration).

the setup here...
solaris 2.6, apache 1.3.20, Horde/IMP CVS (2001-10-24), PEAR CVS (2001-10-11),
PHP 4.0.6, xlhtml 0.3.

I'm not sure if this is an xlhtml problem or a Horde/IMP problem.  As xlhtml
seems to work properly when called from the command line, I thought I'd start here.

thx
Liam