Broken umlauts (was: Re: [imp] German translation question)

Alexander Skwar ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:01:14 +0100

So sprach »Lars Hecking« am 2001-10-30 um 17:34:09 +0000 :
> Alexander Skwar writes:
> > So sprach »Lars Hecking« am 2001-10-30 um 17:01:52 +0000 :
> >
> > Your umlauts were broken, btw.
>
>  (Jan's? They look fine here.)

Jup, Jan's looked broken in the original message he send out.  In the
message part you quoted, the umlauts were fine.

Ah!  I see why they look broken in mutt.  In the headers, there's only:

The Content-Type is missing the charset which is to be used, and thus
mutt (wrongly??) choses us-ascii to display the message.

Jan, did you modify anything so that the headers are broken?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de