[imp] German translation question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:34:53 -0500

Quoting Alexander Skwar <ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com>:

> > No - you're sending the message, unchanged, to someone else.
>
> And a bounce, in your definition, is....?
>
> I'm really interested!  Because that's how I'd have defined a bounce.
> Well, I'd have defined a bounce as a mail which contains the unchanged
> message (normally/sometimes) plus an error message. But the unchanged
> part is what I'm after.

I am familiar with both usages. But in my mind, an error message bounce is
distinct from bouncing a message to someone else. A lot of mail programs use
bounce for re-sending the message to a new recipient, so I don't think it's a
foreign term to people. Still, it is overloaded.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the