Possible bug, or DOS?

Matt Goebel goebel@emunix.emich.edu
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:43:01 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

  We are running IMP 2.2.6 and it has been running great for a couple of
months now.  But in the last week twice I've noticed an odd problem.
The server IMP is running on will slow way down, and I'll find
a huge number of entries like this in our apache access log file :

x.x.x.x - - [31/Oct/2001:16:59:46 -0500] "GET /horde/imp/view.php3/login.php3?reason=logout HTTP/1.1" 302 5

  All from the same address, with about 10 such entries a second.  I
end up having to deny access to the IP to get the server running
reasonably again.  Any ideas if this is some odd behavior from IMP, a
broken browser, or just one of our users being annoying?

Many Thanks,
Matt Goebel

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel@emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating Furry Fan.