[imp] Updating Pear on a RH7.2 system

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:57:16 -0500

Is there no PEAR RPM? Seems I saw one at one point.  Also, you might try an
`rpm -aq | grep pear`, remove the old one if it's there, and put this one in
by hand.  I do agree, by far the most difficult part of IMP installs is
getting the necessary PHP & PEAR from a packaging management systems.  Even
Debian is difficult - the dependencies are hellish, the packages must come
from "unstable", and the PHP-pgsql was still in the works.  I only hope that
PHP becomes stable like Apache soon for the sake of HORDE. If anyone has
insight into that timeline, I'd be curious to get feedback.