[imp] IMPs behaiour

Martín Marqués martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:31:49 -0300

On Mar 06 Nov 2001 10:24, you wrote:
> Quoting Martín Marqués <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>:
> > I just downloaded a CVS of IMP+HORDE and I find that when I change my
> > preferences what IMP does is try to insert a new value, and when the
> > database server gives an error, does an update.
> > Shouldn't it have a session variable, or something when the user is in
> > the options that says if a field is in the prefs database or it's using
> > the default?
>
> How would you make this work? Sessions go away when the user logs
> out/closes their session...

When the user gets to the options, you need to make a select query to get the
opion that is loaded and put that as default.
If there is no value for that specific option, the global default is used. At
this moment we know if there is a value loaded in the database, so can choose
for update (if there is a value) or to insert (if there isn't a value loaded).

Was I clear?

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?