[imp] Problem with mail stores...

Richard Russell richard@yellowgoanna.com
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:32:32 +1030

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:38:47PM -0500, Cliff Green wrote:
> It sounds like your pop client is honoring the flags set on mail that's
> been read and doesn't bother downloading what's not marked as new mail.

possibly, but this occurs even before reading the mail on IMP...

> Try this:  after reading mail with imp (or whatever imap client you like),
> pop client can see them.

I shall indeed try that, but I don't like it's chances (see above)...
My present theory is that it's some disagreement between the IMAPd and
the POPd on my mail server... I think IMAPd may be storing the mail
somewhere different to pop or somthign like that ... but I see no
evidence of this...

rr

--
Richard Russell