[imp] feature request - option to auto 'expand names' upon sending

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:26:06 -0500 (EST)

> > ....This will skip the step of having to click on expand
> > names.  the server will try to be smart about it for you.  if the
> > address doesnt contain an @ symbol, it can be assumed that the user is
> > attempting to pull from the address book.  This would be awesome as a
> > non-default option that can be set globally and in the preferences of
> > the user.
>
> A preference to handle this was discussed a week or so ago and is on my todo
> list.

Please make it optional.  I know we're fine with just taking the default
domain on the end of unqualified names.  Spending the time to do an ldap
lookup makes the process of sending mail seem slower to our users.

Liam