[imp] Resetting sort order

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 00:03:43 -0500

Quoting Jeff Tucker <jefft@wciatl.com>:

> Mulberry shows the message number in its UI. This would be very useful for
> another thing that I find myself doing. Often I read a message and then
> return to the mailbox view and lose track of what message I just read. When
> I'm reading a message, it says 7 of 23, for instance. When I return to the
> mailbox view, it would be nice if I could figure out which message was #7.
> (For instance, I might see that I have three messages from one particular
> sender and I want to read just those. When I open the first one, I return
> to the messages. I don't want to accidentally open the same one again.)

The message number is different from that sequence ("7 of 23"); if we used
message numbers, then hitting next from that message might get you "19 of 23"
as the next message, and "2 of 23" after that - all depends on the sort order.
So I think that would be confusing.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the