[imp] Message-Display ignores MIME charset

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:50:03 +0100

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Sounds like you're volunteering to become the MIME RFC guru. Where's the

> first patch?

As I said before, I have not been able to understand the Horde, or Imp,
internals, so far. I have tried to read the "Horde Application Framework"
tutorial at <http://chuck.bitgroup.com/pres/slides/tutorial/title.php>,
and found the slides incomprehensible (to me) without further explanations.
I have also lurked on <imp@lists.horde.org> for a while, and I do not
understand most of the technical details discussed there -- even after
reading the Administrator's FAQ and most of the documentation coming
with the Horde and Imp downloads. (E. g. the term PEAR seems to be
understood by everybody else, though it is not mentioned in the FAQ.)

I will certainly not have the time to become proficient in these matters,
so I will not be able to contribute a patch --let alone a reliable one--,
in the foreseeable future.

As I also said, I will be happy to contribute some expertise in character
encoding issues. I will continue to test the Imp implementation available
to me and point out any problems I'm going to find. I will make every
attempt to state the problems and their possible solutions in a form
comprehensible to those who are not particularly interested in encoding
matters. Most probably, I will have to confine my tests to a stable Imp
version (currently 2.2.6).

Thank you for the impressive work done so far for Horde and Imp.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz