Trouble with SSL on 2.3.7 cvs

Scott Augustus scott@visgen.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:31:34 -0500

Hey there,
I've read the archives and seen some similar posts but nothing exact....

I'm running the following on OpenBSD 2.9:

Horde: 1.3.5-cvs
IMP: 2.3.7-cvs
Turba: 0.0.3-cvs
PEAR cvs
PHP Version: 4.2.0-dev with: imap-ssl

I'm trying to get a box running IMP to connect via SSL to an IMAP server.

I've got ssl working from clients like mozilla etc. to the IMAP server.  But
when I add the magic lines to servers.php (port 993 and
imap/ssl/novalidate-cert) imp just hangs when I try to log in.  Nothing
appears in the maillog until I kill apache and then immediatly the following
pops into maillog:

Nov  9 17:38:18  imapd-ssl: starttls: accept:
error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

The same happens when I try to use the ssl test script posted by Chuck:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
$stream = imap_open('{server:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}',
                    'user', 'pass');
var_dump($stream);

?>

Any thoughts???