cyrus, prefix and many folders in system.

Nick Ustinov nick@inbox.lv
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:36:36 +0200

Once again, the problem description:

I have cyrus2.1.0pre with >500k folders in the system. IMP latest-cvs. If I
use default IMP servers.php settings for cyrus mailer, then prefix='' and
namespace='INBOX.'. In that case refresh of each page takes up to 2-3
seconds, since it scans all folders from root and returns a list of only
those, where a user has ACL to. The Folders links works, but slow. If I
limit $prefix to 'INBOX.', then the whole page refreshing thing speeds up,
however if I click Folders link, IE just keeps spinning the globe and that's
it. I've tried setting namespace to '', however nothing changes.

Sincerely,
Nick