[imp] IMP 3 and Multiple domains

Barry Flanagan barryf-imp@digiserve.ie
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:24:47 +0000

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 19:09, you wrote:
> Off topic a bit, but how did your make your imap/pop servers use
> user@domain.com?
>
> I think this is what I will do.

We're using Courier IMAP. It doesn't much care what the userID is, so long as
it is unique. 'barryf 'is simply a string, as is 'barryf@online.ie'. The nice
thing about using the domain (or realm in IMP-speak) is that each domain then
has its own namespace, so usernames can get re-used for the different domains.

-Barry Flanagan