[imp] Performance of IMP/host machine?

Simon Matthews simon@paxonet.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:10:59 -0800

Harry and others,

I run my web server on a machine in the  DMZ, while the POP server is
really (via a proxy) inside the firewall. Now, the firewall is an OK
machine (300MHz, 100MB Ethernet on both sides).

I am not sure how this affects performance -- though it can't take too long
to push 20-30MB (size of largest mailbox) through the firewall.

I guess I need to upgrade the 75MHz machine to something better! What are
you using for RAID: a H/W RAID controller or S/W?

Simon