[imp] Performance of IMP/host machine?

Harry Hoffman hhoffman@ip-solutions.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:02:22 -0500 (EST)

Hey Simon,
  I'm personally using the software "raidtools" as they seem to give
performance alomst equal to a raid controller that would be within my
budget. It's actually run off of a Promise Ultra ATA card that does most
of the processing on the card. The drives are both ATA100. It it's just a
mail server than disk I/O is probably the thing that you want to look at
most.
  However, adding in apache/php one will want to have a sufficient
processor and ram to rip through the php code. Considering the cost of
upgrading Mobo/proc and ram is about a $200.00 investment (yielding a
800Mhz Athlon w/Mobo and 256M ram) I would say it's a very worthwhile
investment.

HTH,
Harry