How to start with IMP-3.0

Harold Worby h.worby@kinsey.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:52:09 -0600

Where to begin...
First what I have:
Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 2.7 (Sparc)
PHP-4.0.6
PEAR-4.0.7RC3
horde-2.0RC2
turba-1.0RC2
imp-3.0RC2
MySQL-3.23.41

Then what I've done:
I fought with Apache for hours to try and compile PHP as a DSO module but
never got it to work. (Couldn't get Apache to run with ANY DSO's running
httpd always complained about undefind symbols. Always on the first
'LoadModule'?)
I gave up and complied with
--enable-module=most and
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
to get everything loaded as static modules.
Appache and several PHP programs now seem to work.

I loaded horde to the document root directory and imp/turba to horde/imp and
horde/turba. (tried at first to put them elsewhere and use symbolic links
but later moved the directories)

Then per docs/INSTALL:
copy *.php.dist to *.php in config and imp/config
Edit config/registy.php & config/horde.php
Edit imp/config/servers.php imp/config/conf.php
setup mysql horde database and hordemgr user

What Happens:
When I connect to http://host.com/horde it displays the login page but I can
get no farther. It just redispalys the login page.
If i try http://host.com/horde/imp I get the same results (Without the horde
menu at the bottom)

I added a second user to horde.horde_user that has an IMAP account, no
cahnge.
I've tried to set $conf['auth']['driver']  to imap and sql.

What I need:
That's where I'm at. Now where do I go?
I think the issue is with authentication setup but I cant find any
documentation on it.

Where can I find more info on the config/* file and database setup?
Are there some sample working config/* files somewhere?

horde.php mentions :
// Which users should be treated as administrators (root, super-user)
// by Horde?
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();
but there is no info on how to load the array.

$conf['auth']['admins']['user'] = 'name';
or what?
There are al lot of configuration options in horde.php that have no values.
Are they defaulted or do they all need to be supplied? if so, what and how?
examples:
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

Well this is getting a little long, so thats all the questions for now.

Harold