[imp] Simpler blacklist

aghaffar@developer.ch aghaffar@developer.ch
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:23:12 +0100

Jan, I did a try on my version (very old IMP fork), Ill try on the CVS version
also, One of the problems I see is moving rule up and down.

Example (rules as they are in the backend)
rule 1) move to INBOX.test
rule 2) blacklist spam@spam.com
rule 3) blacklist gates@microsoft.com
rule 4) move to INBOX.horde

Now rules as they are shown
rule 1) move to INBOX.test (internal rule number 1)
rule 2) move to INBOX.horde (internal rule number 4)
Blacklist addresses
-------------------
spam@spam.com
gates@microsoft.com

now if I want to move rule 2 up it becomes (internal rule number 3) and is still
shown as
rule 1) move to INBOX.test (internal rule number 1)
rule 2) move to INBOX.horde (internal rule number 3)

thats it for now.
regards

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > I don't know how your filter screens look like but mine has alread 150
> > filter rules only because of the nice blacklist feature. This messes the
> > screen up as you can imagine.
> >
> > I would like to handle this one type of rule (delete message if From:
> > contains...) differently, for example in having a textarea where you can
> > enter all those spam addresses.
> >
> > I think of this as only a change in the ui, the backend should work as it
>
> > is proved stable right now.
> >
> > Any comments?

Could not connect to LDAP server