Horde 2.0 RC3

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:59:54 -0500

Horde 2.0 Release Candidate 3 (RC3), along with IMP 3.0 RC3 and Turba
1.0 RC3, are now available.

RC3 is the next in a series of releases preparing for the final,
production-level release; these release candidates should be
considered stable and ready for production testing.  Only bug fixes
and forward-compatible changes will end up in future release
candidates and the final release, which we hope to have out by
Christmas.  Thanks in advance for helping us meet this goal by testing
the RC's and providing us with feedback on the Horde lists.

The RC3 release can be downloaded from the following locations:

   ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/horde/
   ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/imp/
   ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/turba/

MD5sums:

3e19caa323b075520b9dc5fc90a94475  horde-2.0-RC3.tar.gz
f02ecd032f3a3c17f96ab575bf5b6f61  imp-3.0-RC3.tar.gz
9fc7d02714f25221e54352c1c4a360fa  turba-1.0-RC3.tar.gz

(A word about release numbering for the curious: We're dropping the
"even is stable, odd is development" numbering method, and moving to a
system more like FreeBSD's (see <dev@lists.horde.org> discussion for
details).  The two-level releases will follow sequentially (2.0, 2.1,
etc.) and will contain new features and bug fixes.  The third digit
will only appear when needed; any necessary third-level release
(2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc.) would only contain critical/security bug fixes.)

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!