IMP 2.2.6 problems with expunge

Scott G Mcdaniel scott@Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:36:32 -0600 (CST)

Dear Everyone:

I have recently required a system that is running IMP 2.2.6.  This morning,
several users have started complaining about the following two issues:
	1)  When they get a new message, the "you've got mail" box keeps popping
up about every minute about the same message--regardless if it was read or not.
	2)  when they attempt to delete a message, it goes to "hidden" status.
When they try to expunge, the message gets remarked as "new" and goes back into
the "shown" status.  The messages never do get expunged.

The items I've done so far are:
	1.  checked to see if mysql dbs were corrupt.  I stopped MySQL, ran db
checks, everything looked good, restarted mysql and same problem.

	2.  Imap is launchd from inet on a remote server.  restarted inetd on
that server.  No change in the problem.

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.  Being new to this system, I
am not very fimilar with the operations of IMP.  I am fimilar with PHP and
MySQL.

Sincerely,
Scott

Scott McDaniel
System Administrator		E:  scott@eng.auburn.edu
Engineering Network Services	W:  334-844-2280
Auburn University               IM: Penguin0600