[imp] Problems reincarnating the Trash folder

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:23:11 -0500

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:09:52PM -0600, mgrommet@elucidations.net wrote:

> For some reason, absolutely no user settings were getting saved... but
> when you check them in the UI, they appear to be set (only re-logging back
> in would show they werent really set)

For future reference:

Preferences are stored in a session cache during the life of the
user's login session.  This improves performance because the
system doesn't read and write to the preference storage
containiner upon every page load.

Writes only occur when a preference is changed.  If a preference
value does not change over the life of a session, a write will
never occur.

The session cache is populated upon login, so that's explains the
behavior you experienced.

> Anyway, in a sweeping move, I updated IMP and reinstalled PHP... somewhere
> along the way the bug went extinct...

Glad to hear it. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)