RPMs (was Re: [imp] One more question)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:35:43 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Mark Hutchinson <imp@redstarhosting.com> wrote:
>
> > Are there rpms?
>
> It's on my to-do list to make some RPMs for Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0/Turba
> 1.0 as soon as I can get to it.

OK, I think these RPMs are far enough along that people who are interested
could do a little testing.  Start with this file; there are a lot of
prerequisites so please read carefully:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/rh7/horde-2.0-0RC3_1.README

At this point Red Hat 6.2 and earlier aren't supported, but I'm happy that
we have a single set of RPMs that work on all three 7.x versions.  That
includes PHP; thanks to Mike Hardy's advance work, we have some PHP 4.1.0
RPMs.

Feedback (especially SPEC patches) are very welcome on all of this.  I
should be able to make Turba and Kronolith RPMs available very soon, and
then start doing some refining and to-do list items.

PLEASE note again what I said about upgrades; don't think you can just
"rpm -U horde imp" from Horde 1.2.x/IMP 2.2.x and have it work.  Future
RPMs will probably have some checks to prevent this, but don't try it:

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde