[imp] Serious Bug In Imp 3.0 RC3?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:58:13 -0500

No reason for this to be private and therefore not in the archives for others.

Quoting Lee Hoffman <lee@terabolic.com>:

> Its definitely the sessions! When the problem happens (after others
> login while a user is logged in), if the user go to the login page (or
> any page in imp), it never loads. However If I clear the sessions folder
> (which I guess accomplishes the same thing as closing all the users
> browsers), the page loads. Ofcourse this doesn't help fix it because
> clearing a session logs the person out.

So, it's something in PHP's session code, somehow. Still not much to go on,
unless someone else can reproduce this and provide any more information.

> I tried downgrading to php4.0.6, but that doesn't fix it. Do you think
> it could be a factor of compiling php as DSO using apxs could be a
> problem? I tried compiling php ../with-apache instead but none of the
> pages loaded at all then and apache logged:
>
>  [Sat Dec 15 16:13:33 2001] [error] PHP Warning:  Undefined variable:
> ^X<FC>^ in /horde/lib/MIME/Viewer.php on line 141

That's an indication of a _very_ broken PHP. You sure that your apxs build is
good?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the