[imp] Demo Site

Mike Cisar mcisar@starmania.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:42:10 -0700

> This looks like your imap server has SSL configured
> incorrectly. Does it work with other IMAP-SSL clients?

My IMAP server doesn't have SSL configured at all :-)  Hence the reason
I suspected something wrong... since I would guess that the "IMAP" login
option shouldn't even be trying to negotiate any SSL and the "IMAP over
SSL" option should (otherwise there wouldn't really be any need to have
2 separate options, right).

> > I'm assuming that it is trying to do SSL even when I'm
> specifing jus'
> > plain ole' IMAP... but I'm not sure.  Is anyone else seeing
> the same
> > type of thing... or am I just missing something obvious?
> >

> Shouldn't be - I dont actually have an open 143 IMAP account
> to test on, so I just test with IMAP-SSL (which worked fine for me)

Cheers,