Problems with IMP using shared memory.

Alex Shall Alex.Shall.01@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:44:44 +0000

Hi there,

I am trying to use IMP 2.2.7 on Red Hat Linux 7.1. I have installed the
horde 1.2.7 software in my www document structure as /horde and I have
insalled IMP underneath this. I have used the copy of PHP4 that is
allready installed with RH7.1 and have installed the php imap support
rpm included on the cd.

When I run /horde/test.php3 it looks ok. The only things that are not
green are the two sql drivers - but as i intend to use shared memory for
holding session data and no database functionality in imp, i guess this
is ok. It even says that i am using a compatable version of PHP4.

If I press the PHPlib test button, I get no errors and reloading the
test page causes the per session data number to increment. The session
ID doen't change - it remains 2_bdfb8297f6c6251ee68a655bd75e93b5, is
this right?

But when I go to /horde/imp/ i get this:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /mnt/disk2/www/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3:430) in
/mnt/disk2/www/phplib/session.inc on line 448

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /mnt/disk2/www/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3:430) in
/mnt/disk2/www/phplib/session.inc on line 449

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /mnt/disk2/www/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3:430) in
/mnt/disk2/www/phplib/session.inc on line 450

This is clearly a problem! I have tried going to the login page url and
i still get the 3 lines of warnings but i CAN log in to my IMAP server!
Once in imp, things seem ok apart from these annoying warnings everywhere.

Any ideas?

Alex.

p.s. How easy is it to customise the layout of imp. Do I have to edit
the php directly or are there html template files anywhere that it uses
to generate the layouts.