[imp] Problems with IMP using shared memory.

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:29:20 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Alex Shall <Alex.Shall.01@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> I am trying to use IMP 2.2.7 on Red Hat Linux 7.1.
> [...]
> I have used the copy of PHP4 that is
> allready installed with RH7.1 and have installed the php imap support
> rpm included on the cd.

php-4.0.4pl1-9 then?  I think that should work OK, though I've never tried
PHP 4 with shm personally.  (I don't think shm is your problem.)

> I have installed the horde 1.2.7 software in my www document structure
> as /horde and I have insalled IMP underneath this.

Using the tarballs?  I presume you configured PHPLIB for shared memory
then since:

> When I run /horde/test.php3 it looks ok.
>
> If I press the PHPlib test button, I get no errors and reloading the
> test page causes the per session data number to increment.

Good.

> The session ID doen't change - it remains
> 2_bdfb8297f6c6251ee68a655bd75e93b5, is this right?

Yes; the session ID will stay with you until you log out or close and
reopen the browser.  The "2_" prefix is normal for shm.

> But when I go to /horde/imp/ i get this:
>
> Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /mnt/disk2/www/html/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3:430) in
> /mnt/disk2/www/phplib/session.inc on line 448

Hm... there's nothing above that line?  Often "Cannot add header
information" is just a symptom of a previous error higher up.  Oh, one
known gotcha:  Double-check your phplib/session.inc file... make sure
there's no space after the final "?>" on the last line of the file.

> p.s. How easy is it to customise the layout of imp. Do I have to edit
> the php directly or are there html template files anywhere that it uses
> to generate the layouts.

See templates/ under horde/ and imp/; it's pretty easy to customize.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde