[imp] Problems with sent_mail

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:10:13 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Stephan Fabel <s.fabel@link-m.de> wrote:

> when I send an email through the webinterface, it tells me "error
> saving in sent_mail" (I don't have the exact wording of this error
> message, sorry).

Do your Courier IMAP logs show any errors?  Do other email functions work
properly (i.e., can you delete email, move it to another folder, create
new folders, etc.)?

> Can you provide me with a quick check list of what I should be doing
> with the installation regarding this?
>
> Mailserver: qmail 1.3, IMAP Server: courier-imap 0.31.
>
> Since I am using Maildir format to save mail,

[I have Courier IMAP and Maildir, but with Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0, so YMMV.]

> where should I put the sent_mail folder - in the ~/Maildir/ directory,
> in the homedir, create another Maildir and name it sent_mail?

Definitely under ~/Maildir.  I assume you're using the maildirmake command
to create them (not just mkdir) since the format is specific.  This is how
I do it:

maildirmake -f "Sent Items" $home/Maildir

and then I have the appropriate configuration variable set in IMP so the
name of the folder is "Sent Items".

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde