[imp] addressbook problem with POP3

Massimo Bruno massimo.bruno@mens.it
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:08:07 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] addressbook problem with POP3

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Massimo Bruno <massimo.bruno@mens.it> wrote:
>
> > The version of imp is 2.2.7
> >
> > When I connect using IMAP I manage correctly the addressbook (I can
> > add, list etc. on it).
> >
> > When I connect using POP3 and try to add a new address in the address
> > book (i.e. from a message show window clicking on the book) I got a
> > new page with the login form and I have to login again in the sistem.
>
> POP3 vs. IMAP should not affect 2.2.x contacts at all.  Sounds like
> there's some other difference.
>
> Have you diff'd all the configuration files between your two servers
> (including PHPLIB) to see what's different between them?  Are both servers
> pointing to the same SQL server to store contacts (and if not, are you
> sure the schemas and permissions on the two databases are the same, etc.)?

I'm sorry but I didn't describe correctly my configuration.
I have only one installation of horde and imp on the same server, but I
configured in the server_list 2 entries. One managing a IMAP connection and
one managing a POP3 connection.
The problem arise on the same IMP installation (and so the same PHPLIB, SQL
db and same configurations).
An other information is this:
Looking in the php code I discovered what happens when I try to add a
contact into address book. The software try an imap_open() (in the function
authenticate()) to the POP3 server passing all the right parameters and the
flag OP_READONLY.
I printed the error from the open (normally managed showing the login form,
I suppose) and it says:
"Read-only POP3 access not available"

Any suggestion ?

    Max