[imp] I've had it up to here.

Chuck Cochems zaphod@tdl.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:36:34 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Chuck Cochems <zaphod@tdl.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using IMP 2.2.7 and horde 1.2.7, and am using php 4.0.6,
>
> Did you compile your PHP or install it with packages?  If packages, what's
> the exact (full) PHP version, release number, etc.?  What operating system
> and version are you using?

I compoiled my own. This is under a fairly new Linux glibc based system.

> > Whenever I enter an incorrect password, I get a ton of constant already
> > defined errors.
>
> Do they look like this?
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=100834204314591&w=2

Yeah, looks like that to me. Except i don't see te incorrect password
errors, and i get thee in the browser window.

> He said he was using 2.2.7 also, but didn't tell us what version of PHP.
> Perhaps we can narrow down what this might be.
>
> > I'm using SHM instead of a database, same as I set up the old server.
>
> What's different about the "old server"... operating system version, PHP
> version, how it was compiled, configuration files (did you diff them),
> etc.?  If one works and the other doesn't then that gives you something to
> go on.

Well, the old server was before IMP used PHPLIB.  it was discovered it was
in huge need of security upgrades.

> > Using a correct password works fine, but an incorrect password freezes
> > IMP but leaves the rest of PHP alone,
>
> Hm... sounds like some kind of PHPLIB session thing, then, maybe?

or something...

> > and causes the errors to get spit out.  ALso, the phplib test fails to
> > run.
>
> I presume you mean that the PHPLIB test runs correctly, until someone
> enters an invalid password, and then it fails to run?

Exactly.