The rpms really do work!!!!

Alex Shall Alex.Shall.01@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:24:30 +0000

After I couldn't find the problem causing all the warning messages, i
uninstalled everything! Horde, PHP, PHPlib and Imp.

I went to the Redhat 7.x instructions and followed them to the letter.
Apart from the need for a little creative use of the --nodeps and
--force flags in RPM I manged to upgrade all the prerequisite software
quite easily!

Then it was just a case of installing horde and imp 3 and moving them to
the right location on the hdd (not everyone has their www stuff in
/var/www).

A few config changes later and it all works! The rms are a very easy way
of getting a imp 3 system up and running - but you must follow the
instructions closely (i didn't do this with imp 2.2.7 - guess what, it
didn't work) I am very impressed with the ease of config of IMP 3 and
would advise any RH7.x user to try it out.

One question though:

How do I set-up the system to jump straight to the IMP login page. At
the moment test users are sent to an alias /webmail which is actually
/horde/imp. The PHP redirects them to /horde and then when they have
logged in, sends them to the imp login screen - very annoying!

And, does anyone know how to switch off the initial maintenance screen
as my test users have referred to it as 'f**king annoying'! (i did have
them logging in and out for many hours!!!!)

Cheers,

Alex.

(IMP 3 / Horde / eXtremail 1.2.2 / RH7.1)