[imp] Problems with sent_mail

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:30:57 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Stephan Fabel <s.fabel@link-m.de> wrote:

> drwx--S---    7 stephan  stephan      1024 Dez 20 10:30 Maildir/
>
> hola. There you go. I will probably have to enable write
> permissions...err...globally?

No; that looks right.  It's the same as the ones for "cur" etc. that you
posted.  It would only be a concern if it was "dr-x--S---" or something.
It was a long shot guess.  :-)

> Or should I add my www-data user to the group "stephan"? I guess the
> "IMP process" runs with the same ID as the apache, right?  Or is it
> the IMAP Server process ID I should be looking for?

Yes.  The IMAP server will run as the user ID you log in as (in your case
"stephan") so the directories and files only need to be writable to that
user.  You don't want them writable by everyone.

I'm looking at something else from your previous post:

> My folders variable is set to "Maildir/".

"Maildir/" shouldn't appear anywhere in your Horde/IMP configuration.
On my system, Courier IMAP is started with "Maildir" as one of the
parameters, which is what links the IMAP folder name to a directory
location:

	INBOX       -> ~/Maildir/
        INBOX.Trash -> ~/Maildir/.Trash/

etc.  You may or may not want "INBOX." to appear in your Horde/IMP
configuration, so that an "INBOX." prefix doesn't show to your users.  But
I don't think you want "Maildir/" anywhere in there.  On my system,
'folders' => ''.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde