[imp] Problems with sent_mail

Stephan Fabel s.fabel@link-m.de
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:08:55 +0100

Hi Brent,

Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Stephan Fabel <s.fabel@link-m.de> wrote:
>>I can delete mail, but I cannot create new folders, so therefore, I
>>couldn't test if I am able to move mail to another one. :-/
>>
> OK; that narrows the problem helpfully; something's up with new folder
> creation.  Just double-check that the write permissions of ~/Maildir
> itself are enabled; if "cur new tmp" have write but "." doesn't you'd get
> that effect.

stephan@phoenix2:~$ ls -ld Maildir/
drwx--S---    7 stephan  stephan      1024 Dez 20 10:30 Maildir/

hola. There you go. I will probably have to enable write
permissions...err...globally? Or should I add my www-data user to the group
"stephan"? I guess the "IMP process" runs with the same ID as the apache, right?
Or is it the IMAP Server process ID I should be looking for? Damn, I hate it
when I don't know what a program does...even with source. :-/

> Do an "ls -la" and you should see it; they're prefixed with dots:

Cool - now I know that I even have a "Trash" folder - I wouldn't know where this
was coming from, but anyhow. I guess I am glad I have one. :-)

Cheers,
Stephan

--
I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking, and
then I thought: What the hell good would that do?