[imp] Folders broken ? (or intermittent)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:42:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> wrote:

> > 5.1.3 seems to
> > imply that & is the only special one, I just learned today.  :-)
>
> The only special one allowed or prohibited?

Prohibited... or better, "treated specially".  "&" and "-" bracket strings
that are encoded with the modified UTF-7 that IMAP uses.  So if you use an
"&" in a folder name, it's encoded as "&-".  All the other characters from
0x20 through 0x7E are supposed to be allowed literally.

I've also noticed that Courier IMAP doesn't allow you to create folders
with "*" or "%" in them.  I'm seeing behavior that leads me to believe it
expects those characters to be wildcards.  I think this is behavior
specific to Courier IMAP but I haven't found anything documenting it yet.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde