IMP sends out message in character set it doesn't understand?

Lloyd Zusman ljz@asfast.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:01:48 -0500

I'm using 3.0-RC4, and I just used IMP to send a message to this
mailing list.  A minute or two later when I saw the message
show up in my mailbox, I also used the same session of IMP to
read it.  The following notice appeared in italics at the top
of my message:

  "This message was written in a character set other than your own.
  If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new
  window."

Since I used the same session of IMP to send and read this message,
it seems strange to me that I should get this notice.

I never noticed anything like this happening when using my previous,
2.3.7 version of IMP.

Any ideas as to why this occurred, and how it can be prevented?

In case any of this matters, I'm using Netscape 6.2.1 under WinNT4.0
to access my email via IMP.  The server where horde is installed is
running FreeBSD-4.0 and PHP 4.0.6-dev, with a very recent version
of postfix as the sendmail implementation.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com