Feedback on RC4 Install Docs (fwd)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:01:07 -0600 (CST)

[Thanks Jeff; this is useful feedback!]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:07:20 -0500
From: Jeff Gilchrist <jeff@gilchrist.ca>
To: bjn@horde.org
Subject: Feedback on RC4 Install Docs

Hi Brent,

The install docs from HORDE RC4 was fine, I previously had IMP 2.x and
Horde 1.x installed.  It seems the new Horde 2.x is much simpler to
install and I didn't have any problems getting it working except the
mysql_create.sql script.  Since I already had IMP 2.x installed and want
to use that concurrently with IMP 3.x while I test it on my system, I had
to modify the script to remove the "CREATE TABLE" sql call and then it
added the new required tables to the already created horde database just
fine.

The IMP RC4 install was fine, no problems there except you may want to
mention in the docs that if you do not install Turba you will have no
address book at all.  From reading the docs I was under the impression
that Turba was optional and if I did not install it I would have a basic
address book like in IMP 2.x.

The only problem I had was with the Turba RC4 install docs since I use
MySQL there was no example on how to set that up properly.  I did find
the info in the Turba mailing list:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turba&m=100745321010395&w=2
but it would be nice if a MySQL example was included in the docs or
sources.php file since it is such a popular database.

Everything seems to be working fine so far.  I am very impressed with how
far IMP has come in 3.x and congratulate you on your hard work.

Regards,
Jeff Gilchrist