[imp] Feedback on RC4 Install Docs (fwd)

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:48:49 -0500

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 03:01:07PM -0600, Jeff Gilchrist <jeff@gilchrist.ca> wrote:

> The install docs from HORDE RC4 was fine, I previously had IMP 2.x and
> Horde 1.x installed.  It seems the new Horde 2.x is much simpler to
> install and I didn't have any problems getting it working except the
> mysql_create.sql script.  Since I already had IMP 2.x installed and want
> to use that concurrently with IMP 3.x while I test it on my system, I had
> to modify the script to remove the "CREATE TABLE" sql call and then it
> added the new required tables to the already created horde database just
> fine.

Good point. I've added a note to the script.

> The IMP RC4 install was fine, no problems there except you may want to
> mention in the docs that if you do not install Turba you will have no
> address book at all.  From reading the docs I was under the impression
> that Turba was optional and if I did not install it I would have a basic
> address book like in IMP 2.x.

Noted and addressed, thanks.

> The only problem I had was with the Turba RC4 install docs since I use
> MySQL there was no example on how to set that up properly.  I did find
> the info in the Turba mailing list:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turba&m=100745321010395&w=2
> but it would be nice if a MySQL example was included in the docs or
> sources.php file since it is such a popular database.

I've added a brief note to that example.

(If a developer who knows Turba (and LDAP) better than I would like to
add a large comment to the beginning of sources.php.dist describing
its syntax, I'd appreciate it. :-)

Thanks for your suggestions!

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!