[imp] Can't get the ?language variable in IMP RC4.

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:33:20 +0100

The current behaviour is the following: If a user accesses horde without
being logged in, the page is displayed in the language the user selected in
his browser's preferences as his preferred one.
If he changes the language on the login screen, it is switched to the
selected one.
If he logs in the language is read from the preferences. If the user didn't
set a preferred language in the preferences so far the standard value from
prefs.php is selected (as with any preference).

I agree that it would make more sense to choose the language the user
selected on the login screen if he didn't select one in the preferences so
far but that is currently not supported by the preferences backend. Perhaps
we find a way do handle this more gracefully. Patches are welcome!

Jan.