[imp] MIME drive for handling inline HTML pages

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:28:19 -0500

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 07:11:00PM -0500, Christopher Lee wrote:

> As for observation #2, I was curious if instead of no-response (and thus the
> time-out and eventual error message), perhaps IMP3 could react better in the
> case of when the input is not properly formed...  It seems to me that nothing
> was returned by the IMP3 (crashed??), even though the exported message was
> partially readable under a browser...  I have checked horde.log, and the two
> logs from apache but found nothing that would shed some light on this issue.

If a message part is marked as HTML, and the user views it by
clicking on its entry in the list of message parts, all IMP does
is open a new window and dump the contents of the message part
out (along with some security-related transformations).

How would you propose IMP react should the original HTML content
be malformed?  How would IMP even know it was malformed?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)