[imp] Sorting email by mailing list (To)

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:52:11 -0500

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 09:14:52AM -0600, Marcus I. Ryan (marcus@riboflavin.net) wrote:
> I'm just curious here.  I have one email account that's signed up for
> about 10 mail lists that have varying, but generally moderate, amounts
> of email.  It would be nice if I could read through the email for each
> list all at once.  I can sort by subject so that I at least get all
> the messages for a thread at once, but I still jump around lists.
>
> I know that I could write filter rules and seperate each list into its
> own folder.  I was just curious if there is or could be a better way
> to handle this?  Really, just sorting on "To:" could work easily...

Until someone Cc:'s the mailing list. :-)

Filtering into a folder per mailing list is the standard way to deal
with it -- I doubt there's much gain to be had by devising other ways
to do it.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!