Need help with Menu 'Preferences' button

Bryan Capitano capitano@casco.net
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:36:54 +0500

Hello,

I'm working with a university department which has just installed Horde
& Imp version 2.2.7.
We're working with RedHat Linux 7.1, Apache 1.3.22, and MySQL 3.23.43 on
a Sun Solaris machine.

Our problem is the following:
When the user logs into IMP to check mail, we'd like to allow user's
access to the 'Preferences' button
in the menu bar so they can modify their email signature and etc.

The preferences button simply doesn't show up.  I've tracked the problem
down to the /horde/imp/templates/menu/menu.inc file.
Just before the prefernces is an if statement checking for  if
($default->use_db), then display the preferences link.
$default->use_db has no value for some reason. Neither true or false.
And I cannot find where $default->use_db is given a
value in the /horde/imp/ directory structure & files.

Can anyone help me with this quandry?

Thanks,
B. Capitano