[imp] Attachment size 0 bytes - why? (solved!!!)

Grzegorz Mucha grzes@alf.from.cx
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:14:02 +0100

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Disable composing in a seperated window will let you read the error message.

You were right - I've got the following error messages:

Warning: fopen("/root/tmp/impattLTuXdz","rb") - Permission denied in
/var/www/horde/imp/compose.php on line 236

Warning: stat failed for /root/tmp/impattLTuXdz (errno=13 - Permission
denied) in /var/www/horde/imp/compose.php on line 237

...and more.

The problem was in horde/config/horde.php file, with the line:

$conf['tmpdir'] = null;

as I changed it to:

$conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp';

everything begus to run properly.

What is interesting, when I browsed for a file to attach and pressed
"Attach", I got a message "Added an attachment", and file
/tmp/impattLTuXdz has been created ("/tmp" not "/root/tmp" !!!). This
file contained the original attached file - so that behaviour was
correct. Unfortunately when I pressed "Sent Message" button, IMP tried
to get this file not from "/tmp" but "/root/tmp" - strange
inconsequence, isn't it? It seems that this two part of program has
different method of interpreting 'tmpdir' variable when it's set to
"null" value.

Anyway, now it behaves properly.

Thanks for help, Grzes