[imp] any sms + imp patches

Martin List-Petersen martin@list-petersen.dk
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:45:09 +0100

> I have been thinking about this and to implement a proper SMS gateway
> would require some server software that would queue messages if the
 > device was busy.

That should be a minor problem.

> Also routing SMSes back from the device to the correct inbox is a
> problem. I can only think of one way and that is to tag each message with
> an ID... something that will be prone to error as it would reply on the
> sender getting it right.

It's more a question of what you want. Do you want to have SMS notify or do
you want to communicate with / via SMS also ? .. Both is possible a non
payable basis. The only problem is, that the service, which i use for this i
quite unstable sometimes.

It's no problem to get a SMS to a phone (there are several ways to do that),
but it's often a problem to get them back (I know only 2 free solutions,
which can be unstable sometimes and 1 solution, that'll cost.)

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin@list-petersen.dk
http://www.marlow.dk