[imp] gettext problem

Ethy H. Brito ethy@inexo.com.br
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:20:17 -0200 (BRST)

On 8 Jan 2002, Antonio Dias wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 03:01, Joe Hamelin wrote:
> >
> > I get back only english->english on mine.  Running FreeBSD 4.2. You
> > can see my server test at http://mail.nethead.com/horde/test.php
> >
> > I'm running GNU gettext 0.10.35
>
> I am running Linux Slackware 8, kernel 2.4.17, and gettext 0.10.38. Did
> the tests in the po/README succeed in your box?

If I may suggest; after playing around with a dozen of things to make
IMP/gettext to work I finaly made it. I am not sure what I did but I think
I installed glocale.tgz (is is not installed by default on Slackware) and
recompiled the kernel with support to *all* Codepage and NLS-xxxx available
under *FILESYSTEM -> Native Language Support*. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know it
is absurd. What a desperate mind can do?! I left it to you to discover what
options must be turned on.

BTW, it still does not address the command line gettext translation. It is not
working yet. But IMP tranlation is workng perfectly AFAIK.

Hope this be of any help.

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
+55 (12) 3941-6860     X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
S.J.Campos - Brasil   / \