[imp] imap php4 libphp4 problems

Roman Serbski libser@manas.kg
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:41:18 +0500

Ok, I suppose you've already read Horde Administrators FAQ?
http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/print.php#p8
Did you follow instructions?

Sage McGirk wrote:
 > I just tried make bsf SSLTYPE=unix and recompiled php with no luck.

Could you show us the content of imap-XXX/src/osdep/unix/Makefile? I ask
about SSL part of Makefile because I found it rather tricky for FreeBSD.
Actually there was no /usr/local/openssl nor /usr/local/ssl in my
installation (FreeBSD 4.4 STABLE), but since OpenSSL is included in
FreeBSD by default and I had mod_ssl working fine - OpenSSL is there :).

Here is my configs:

# Extended flags needed for SSL. You may need to modify.
SSLDIR=/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl
SSLCERTS=/usr/src/crypto/openssl/certs
SSLINCLUDE=/usr/include
SSLLIB=/usr/lib

SSLCRYPTO=-lcrypto

 > php config options
 > ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-openssl

I'm not sure - but I think there is no need in --with-openssl option. It
works for me without this option.

 > --with-imap-ssl --with-gettext --with-mysql
 > --with-imap=/usr/working/imap-2000
 >
 > apache config options
 > export SSL_BASE=/usr/bin/openssl
 > ./configure --enable-module=ssl --enable-shared=ssl --enable-module=so
 >
 > uw-imap config: make bsf SSLTYPE=unix
 >
 > I installed courier-imap and have imapd-ssl running
 >

 >>1. some changes in imap-XXX/src/osdep/unix/Makefile
 >>2. running make with additional options:
 >>	For example - FreeBSD:
 >>	make bsf SSLTYPE=unix
 >>
 >>I compiled php-4.2.0-dev with no problems. ./configure
 >>--with-imap=/path/to/c-client --with-imap-ssl works just fine for me.
 >>

 > --with-imap-ssl compiles fine, its the --with-imap that gives me the
 > issues oddly enough.
 >
 > Also the test.php page still says i have no IMAP running when i run
 > everything without the --with-imap which is why i've been trying to
get it
 > working.
 >
 > thanks in advance for the help!!
 >
 > /sm

Hope this helps.
Roman

--
"Jer ono sve sto znas o meni to je samo stara prica - ja sam jedan od
mladica koje vidjas svaki dan" - Arsen Dedic